Most booked hotels
ibis Frankfurt Centrum
distance to Messe Frankfurt : 1.6km
B&B Hotel Frankfurt Niederrad
distance to Messe Frankfurt : 5.4km
Ibis Hotel Frankfurt City Messe
distance to Messe Frankfurt : 1.5km
BOLD Hotel Frankfurt an der Messe
distance to Messe Frankfurt : 0.8km
Radisson Blu Hotel Frankfurt
distance to Messe Frankfurt : 1.2km
IntercityHotel Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof Sud
distance to Messe Frankfurt : 1.3km
Your free enquiry
Frankfurt Book Fair
Frankfurt am Main ,Germany
Books, Paper, Printing, Graphic Design
Messe Frankfurt GmbH
Event website :
Frankfurt Book Fair
Effects of COVID-19 on Frankfurt Book Fair
Book lovers will be converging at Messe Frankfurt in Frankfurt, Germany for the live edition of the 2022 Frankfurt Book Fair. Also known as the Frankfurter Buchmesse, the fair will run from October 19th to October 23rd, with the latest coronavirus safety measures in place. The event will take place at Messe Frankfurt, and a COVID-19 prevention plan will be implemented. The prevention plan will include the following safety measures:
- Attendees may only enter if they have recovered, have been vaccinated, or have received a negative test result. Proof of complete vaccination or proof of recovery from COVID-19 between 1 and 6 months prior to the event are required admission documents. Attendees can also present a COVID-19 test result that is negative. Before entering Messe Frankfurt, the documents must be presented along with a valid ID.
- Between attendees, a social distance of 1.5 meters must be maintained.
- At all times, attendants must wear surgical face masks that cover their mouths and noses.
- Participants must sneeze or cough into the crook of their arms. They should also avoid making physical contact, such as shaking hands.
- Attendants must wash their hands at least once an hour or immediately after touching any surfaces. Disinfectant dispensers will be placed in strategic locations to aid in the task. Such places include entrances, restrooms, catering outlets, and restaurants.
- Messe Frankfurt's cleaning intervals will be modified. Disinfecting frequently touched areas and surfaces will be the responsibility of a dedicated team.
Participants should be aware that, due to current travel restrictions, they must present proof of vaccination, recovery, or negative test results when entering German territory, including airports and ports.
You tell anyone involved in publishing around the world about Frankfurt Book Fair and they will know exactly about what international trade fair you’re referring to. That’s the level of recognition that the brand commands and for good reason.
Since its inception in 1949, Frankfurt Book Fair has grown to be the biggest book fair in the world and that’s covered in the massive spectrum of products that are the focus of the event.
Frankfurt Buchmesse, as it’s known in German, goes well beyond fiction and magazines. Publishers showcase non-fiction, religion, youth and children's books, science and technology, art books, tourism, visual art and international literature. This is where you come to negotiate and sell rights to buyers from every single literary market.
Frankfurt Book Fair occurs once a year and editions traditionally run during October for a total of five days. The doors at Frankfurt Messe are open to both trade visitors and the general public at different hours. For professionals, the opening hours are from 09:00 am in the morning until 18:30 pm in the afternoon with the last day closing an hour earlier at 17:30 pm.
Frankfurter Buchmesse GmbH serves as the official organiser for the book fair and always promises an eventful event. If you’re not arriving with a car, you’ll be happy to know that Frankfurt Messe enjoys several types of public transport – bus lines, tram lines, commuter trains and the metro as well. This makes it possible to commute from any point in the city with relative ease.
What Are People Saying?
- “Even in its 70th year, the Frankfurter Buchmesse continues to consolidate its position as the most important leading international trade fair” - Juergen Boos, Director of the Frankfurter Buchmesse;
- “The 70th Frankfurter Buchmesse had its finger on the pulse of the times. The book industry took a clear stance in favour of human rights, freedom, diversity and respect. […] The book fair demonstrated that it is a place of ideas and debates…” - Heinrich Riethmüller, Chairman of the German Publishers and Booksellers Association;
Audience & Statistics
Copyright Clearance Centre, Miele, Air China and Ameropa are coming together as partners to bring another exciting edition of Frankfurt Book Fair to life. Every year there’s a Guest of Honour country, which determines the influx of nationals coming to the fair. This upcoming edition this will be Norway.
Frankfurt Book Fair is still a massive event, which attracts over 7500 exhibitors and over 285,000 international visitors from Germany, the UK, France, the USA, Russia, China, Japan, Australia, Spain, Brazil and so many others. In terms of professional backgrounds, there’s a rich diversity in position present - publishing experts, writers, translators, licensors, illustrators, journalists, editors, rights holders, lawyers and agents. The last edition saw the addition of 19 new agencies according to Literary Agents & Scouts Centre.
Given the overwhelming attention the trade fair receives, you need to approach accommodation in Frankfurt as early as possible in order to land the most affordable hotel prices for Frankfurt Book Fair. This is where Trade Fair Trips ltd steps in. We are veterans when it comes to accommodation for trade fairs and we accommodate budgets of all sizes. Price and location are the most important aspects of your trip, which is why we look for cheap hotels near Messe Frankfurt. In addition, you will be minutes away on foot from public transport to shorten your commute.
Once you’ve booked your stay, it’s time to move onto other concerns. Do you need to book meeting facilities? Have no one to install your trade fair booth? We give you comprehensive solutions that take care of every aspect of your business trip. Not only that, it takes you no time to have everything planned and bundled together in one convenient service package.
What Took Place During Frankfurt Book Fair's Past Editions?
Frankfurt Book Fair's 2021 edition was held from October 20th to October 24th, 2021. The exhibition was held in a face-to-face or live format, with strict Covid-19 prevention measures in place. The edition marked the successful restart of the format and the book publishing industry following the onset of the pandemic. The event featured 36,000 trade visitors and 37,500 readers. 2500 media representatives recorded and presented the fair. 2013 exhibitors presented their wares. A total of 155 countries were represented at the fair, including Canada as the fair's Guest of Honour.
Full list ofBook Now
How to get to Frankfurt Book Fair
From Hauptbahnhof - 20 min
From Fnakfurt Aiport - 35 min with a bike
From Frankfurt Main Station - 10 min
From Frankfurt Airport - 20 min
By public transport:
From HBF S-Bahns with numbers 3, 4, 5 or 6 will all get you to Messe Frankfurt for 11 min
From Frankfurt Airport with ICE, S8 or S9 for 35 min to HBF and then S3, S4, S5 or S6 for 11 min