Most booked hotels
Mercure Hotel Duisburg City
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 21.8km
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 6.6km
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 6.6km
A&O Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 7.2km
Moxy Duesseldorf South Hotel
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 16.03km
b'mine Hotel Dusseldorf
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 9.45km
Airport Lounge Hotel Dusseldorf
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 4.6km
Your free enquiry
Metal Working Industries
Messe Dusseldorf GmbH
Event website :
GIFA 2023 - The Latest Information
GIFA 2023 and the coinciding events METEC, NEWCAST, and THERMPROCESS will be held between 12.06.2023 - 16.06.2023. The events will be hosted at Messe Düsseldorf as face-to-face trade shows with the latest Covid-19 safety measures in place. The measures will include the newest admission regulation, social distancing protocol and mandatory PPE in form of FFP2 face masks. Attendees according to the current entry policy will have to present before admission documents such as proof of recovery or vaccination passports. They will also have to maintain a social distance of 1.5 metres at all times. The face masks must cover their mouth and nose at all times. Due to the current ravel restrictions, the 3G entry documents must be presented upon arrival in Germany. This applies to all forms of transport.
If you want to create business connections and exchange experience in the foundry industry, GIFA is the event you should visit as it is a pioneer of technologies, practices and solutions on a global level. Held for the first time in 1956, GIFA created space for innovators and decision makers for heavy processing technologies to push the envelope and build bridges. This is why GIFA is held as an essential event. One look at the product portfolio will also confirm this as exhibit categories extends to automation, control systems, surface treatments, ferrous metals, form tools, foundry equipment, casting machines, casting materials, furnaces and handling technology.
Messe Düsseldorf GmbH performs the dual role of organiser and host of GIFA, which also shares the stage with three other fairs: NEWCAST, THERMPROCESS and METEC. Editions are spread out every four years and usually happen in summer in June in Düsseldorf, Germany. Together, these four fairs are the complete source for innovation in processing technology and manufacturing. Doors are open to trade visitors from at 09:00 am until 18:00 pm. The closing time on the last day is tentatively left for 16:00 pm. Messe Düsseldorf can easily be reached by visitors by car, bus and tram.
What Are People Saying?
- “For us, it is the most important trade fair. Like every year, we want to inform ourselves about innovations and cultivate our business contacts. This year, our team focuses primarily on environmental issues, energy efficiency and sustainability.” - Edith Weiser, Manager Foundry, Eirich Maschinenfabrik Gustav Eirich GmbH & Co KG;
- “There are a number of events around the world that we are represented in, but there is a reason why we are visiting GIFA. All the important and potential business partners are here in one place. This makes the show very special.” - Piyush I. Tamboli, Managing Director, Investment & Precision Castings LTD;
- “Many interested parties come to us with special tasks, so we can tell exactly which company has a tailor-made solution for them. So the GMTN is for us so important, because many companies show their innovations for the first time here in Düsseldorf. Therefore we are always up to date.” - Marina Giacopinelli, Managing Director, Fundigex Casting & Foundry Suppliers
Audience & Statistics
The numbers are fully in favour of exhibitors and guarantee unmatched business opportunities as a single edition brings in a crowd of 48,000 trade visitors on average with a good split between the native Germans and international professionals clean down the middle. Exhibitors are roughly over 900 and that makes it all the easier to command the attention of the crowd. If we’re to break the nationalities of visitors, we see strong numbers from the EU and other European countries, then followed by countries from Africa, North America, South America and Asia. Breaking down the audience by professional role yields also fruitful results with everyone represented from students at the start of their careers through freelancers to managers, board members, CEOs and owners. The fair enjoys its fair share of support from German industry associations, the biggest example being the Verein Deutscher Giessereifachleute.
Because of the big interest in GIFA, you will need a premier travel agency that can find a suitable hotel for your stay in Düsseldorf. That is where Trade Fair Trips Ltd comes in. We know all there is about accommodation for exhibitions and have healthy relationships with hotels in Düsseldorf. One consultation is all you need to have your pick from affordable hotels near Messe Düsseldorf. Once you’re done with the hotel services for GIFA, you can move onto other tasks on your to-do list. Do you require help with your show booth installation? Or don’t know how to reserve a meeting room? Trade Fair Trips Ltd can lend a helping hand.
GIFA - Past Renditions
The 2019 rendition of GIFA was held as a live trade show at Messe Düsseldorf. It occurred between the dates 25.06.2019 - 29.06.2019. The edition featured around 2,360 exhibitors and received approximately 72,500 visitors from 118 countries. Among the represented nations were the USA, Russia, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Full list ofBook Now
How to get to GIFA
from Dusseldorf Hbf is 1h 30 min walk or 30 min with a bicycle
1h 5 min with a walk or 25 min with a bike
from Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof the ride will take you 30 min (~9 km)
from the airport there are only 15 to 20 min (~9km)
By public transport:
From the Dusseldorf Central Station U-Bahn Nr U78 will get you there for 26 min
From Dusseldorf International Airport to Messeplatz you need to change transport with either of this 3 options:
- From Airpot Terminals A/B/C: 6 stops with Bus 760 to Freiligrathplatz and then U78 to MERKUR SPIEL-ARENA/Messe Nord and within 7 min walking distance you will reach the Messe*
- SB51 from Flughafen Terminal A/B/C to Theodor-Heuss-Brücke and then with U78 to MERKUR SPIEL-ARENA/Messe Nord and within walking distance you will reach the Messe*
- from Terminals A/B/C take bus 721 for 6 stops to 'Am Hain', transfer to bus 722 for another 4 stops to Messe Congress Center and within walking distance you will reach the Messe*
* every choice will take you from 30 to 40 min