Most booked hotels
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 6.6km
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 6.6km
Mercure Hotel Duisburg City
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 21.8km
25hours Hotel Das Tour
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 5.2km
A&O Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 7.2km
Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 6.5km
Maritim Hotel Dusseldorf
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 3.5km
Your free enquiry
Food Processing, Packaging Industry
Messe Dusseldorf GmbH
Event website :
The rising number of corona virus cases has resulted in organisers’ tough decision to cancel interpack 2021. The international trade fair is due to return to Messe Dusseldorf in 2023 with new dates: 04 - 10 May 2023.
interpack exists as a focus point to bring in the different branches in the packaging and processing industry together under one roof. The international exhibition is important in the fact that it’s one of the few events in the world that works to showcase market trends and technical innovations in the entire value chain. What this means is that you have professionals from food and beverage, confectionary and bakery, non-food, cosmetics, pharmaceutics and industrial goods packaging. The display categories themselves also involve components and graphics, which are also important aspects. interpack was first held in 1958 and in those 60 years has built the reputation of being the global platform where you receive the top industry news first!
Messe Düsseldorf is the mastermind behind this international exhibition, which arrives only once every three years in Dusseldorf, Germany and lasts a full week. Editions are scheduled for early in the year and May is the month that typically sees interpack be staged.
There’s a lot of support and sponsorships from major German associations and unions involved in the packaging industry like German Engineering Federation VDMA to bring interpack to life. Messe Düsseldorf admits only professional visitors and working hours are from 10:00 am in the morning until 18:00 pm in the afternoon. Beyond the motorways and the shuttle bus services from the airport, visitors have access the tram lines U78 and U79, and bus 722 at their disposal to get to the exhibition grounds.
What You Can Expect as an Exhibitor
- interpack ranks as number one event for packaging and processing, which means it’s one of the most international. No other platform will give you access to so many diverse regions to research, explore and target. This is where brands demolish borders;
- Every single edition has a different feel, different players and different visitors, because the industry changes dramatically within the span of three years and interpack manages to accurately and in great depth create a snapshot of the industry;
- Always the most reliable source on research and advancements in the fields of automation, digitalization and sustainability that characterize the major Industry 4.0. era trends;
- Access to a wealth of special shows and supporting items like the SAVE FOOD Congress and innovationparc.
Audience & Statistics
As we have already established, interpack is the unifying benchmark of an exhibition for the whole of packaging and processing. This is no better reflected than in the numbers from last edition that will convince you that everyone in the industry is there. Exhibitors clock in at over 1800 and trade visitors have broken the 170,000 mark, but don’t worry – most of them have come from outside Germany.
74% of all visitors account for the foreign nationals, which come from a total of 168 countries. This certainly gives you access to markets on all continents.
The main goal for visitors is to make purchases and as we have already discuss visitor professional backgrounds are varied - food, beverage, confectionery, bakery, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, non-food and industrial goods sectors.
Thanks to the inclusion of the SAVE FOOD Congress interpack has also garnered the attention of associations, NGOs and research institutes.
At Trade Fair Trips Ltd, we’re confident to say we can help you on your work trip to interpack by creating a custom service package that ranges from hotel accommodation for trips to logistics. We know our way around Dusseldorf and accommodate budgets at all points of the price spectrum.
You can also come to us with requests for meeting facilities or to have your exhibition booth fully installed. For the past decade, our company has assisted visitors and exhibitors of many trade fairs by finding rooms according to their specifications.
Give us a price range and we’ll send you a list with hotels near Messe Düsseldorf within one working day. That’s how easy it is and you can be sure that you get access to sufficient public transport.
Full list ofBook Now
How to get to interpack
from Dusseldorf Hbf is 1h 30 min walk or 30 min with a bicycle
1h 5 min with a walk or 25 min with a bike
from Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof the ride will take you 30 min (~9 km)
from the airport there are only 15 to 20 min (~9km)
By public transport:
From the Dusseldorf Central Station U-Bahn Nr U78 will get you there for 26 min
From Dusseldorf International Airport to Messeplatz you need to change transport with either of this 3 options:
- From Airpot Terminals A/B/C: 6 stops with Bus 760 to Freiligrathplatz and then U78 to MERKUR SPIEL-ARENA/Messe Nord and within 7 min walking distance you will reach the Messe*
- SB51 from Flughafen Terminal A/B/C to Theodor-Heuss-Brücke and then with U78 to MERKUR SPIEL-ARENA/Messe Nord and within walking distance you will reach the Messe*
- from Terminals A/B/C take bus 721 for 6 stops to 'Am Hain', transfer to bus 722 for another 4 stops to Messe Congress Center and within walking distance you will reach the Messe*
* every choice will take you from 30 to 40 min