Most booked hotels
ibis Hotel Hamburg Alster Centrum
distance to Hamburg Messe und Congress : 2.1km
Hyperion Hotel Hamburg
distance to Hamburg Messe und Congress : 3.1km
Holiday Inn Hamburg
distance to Hamburg Messe und Congress : 5.8km
Adina Apartment Hotel Hamburg Speicherstadt
distance to Hamburg Messe und Congress : 2.47km
Panorama Inn Hotel
distance to Hamburg Messe und Congress : 9.2km
Gastwerk Hotel Hamburg
distance to Hamburg Messe und Congress : 4.5km
Your free enquiry
Shipping, Shipping engineering
Hamburg Messe und Congress
Event website :
SMM 2022 - The Latest News
Between 06.09.2022 and 09.09.2022, SMM will be hosted as a face-to-face trade show. The hosting location for the event will be Messe Hamburg. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, a safe event concept will be implemented at the venue by the organisers. This will entail the installation of safety measures, such as:
- Messe Hamburg will have a strict social distancing policy in place, as well as the changes required to maintain it. As a result, the venue will undergo changes to ensure that the 2-metre safe distance between attendees is maintained. The aisles of the exhibition halls will be expanded, and one-way lanes will be installed. In addition, the exit and entrance areas will be kept separate. The meeting rooms will be rearranged so that the seating maintains the 2-metre safe distance policy.
- To reduce the risk of infections, the venue will be disinfected regularly and thoroughly. This will include focusing on high-touch areas such as the bannisters. Attendees must disinfect their hands regularly. They can use the disinfection dispensers in areas such as the entrances to complete the task. The venue will have a continuous supply of outdoor air via a ventilation system with separate exhaust and supply flows as part of the hygiene and sanitation protocols.
- Face masks must be worn at all times during SMM 2022. Participants must maintain the required social distance of 2 metres during their attendance. They must also avoid physical networking acts like handshakes and paper exchanges. They should use debit or credit cards instead of paper money when possible. Face masks should be disposed of in the designated bins found throughout the venue.
Visitors to Germany should be aware that, due to the implemented travel restrictions, they will be required to present documents such as negative test results upon arrival.
The one platform for innovations and business opportunities in the shipyard and maritime industry that you should be paying your fullest attention to is SMM. It’s an international trade fair with an incredibly rich history, as it first welcomed trade visitors in 1963.
In that time, SMM—short for Shipbuilding, Machinery & Marine Technology – has established itself as an invaluable resource for business networking and industry trends. You are going to meet with the biggest players in the industry in one place and survey the entire value chain.
Product categories include fuel systems, marine engineering, marine equipment, inland vessels, lifting equipment, shipping companies, shipyard equipment, engines, exhaust, cargo handling systems, compressed air systems and polar technology. As SMM evolved, so did its programming, and now you have an incredible line-up of symposia, conferences, and workshops. So, if you are in the shipbuilding business, you should not miss this trade fair.
SMM arrives every two years in the port city of Hamburg, Germany, where it can fully reveal its rich product selection. Editions run a total of four days and are typically held in early September. Messe Hamburg hosts the international trade fair and the Hamburg Messe und Congress GmbH is the official organiser with the general support of Germany’s biggest associations – VSM, VDMA, VSiH, VDR and VDS.
Only trade visitors are permitted on the premises and working hours are all set from 09:30 am until 18:00 pm on the first three days and until 16:00 pm on the last day. The last point to discuss is commuting. Aside from renting a car, there are multiple ways to get to Messe Hamburg – the fastest being the S-Bahn and U-Bahn. There are also several bus lines that service the exhibition grounds and are reliable throughout the day.
What to expect as an exhibitor
- SMM is home to the entire value chain and there’s a great advantage to exhibiting as you’re in a position to perform in-depth market research and become aware of trends as they are first being identified;
- SMM is also home to the Maritime Future Summit, which investigates cutting-edge tech and the impact that it’s going to have on the industry on a global level – the current topics cover automation and the advent of digitalization;
- SMM is also the stage where challenges and innovations pertaining to maritime security and defence are discussed. The MS&D conference is well-recognized the world over and sees a high influx of naval delegations from a number of countries
Audience & statistics
What does this translate to in terms of visitors for SMM. How well are you going to get your ROI and diversify your revenue streams. Last editions saw participation from 2200 exhibitors from over 60 countries and close to 50,000 trade visitors. That is a good ratio in your favour, but another very optimistic statistic is that over 90% of all polled exhibitors report that they are satisfied with SMM as the audience is very receptive towards making new purchases.
Exhibitors come from all over the industry sectors – the shipbuilding industry, maritime services, engines, electrical engineering and ship operating equipment. Visitors are here for many purposes – yes, the chief among them is to make new business connections and purchase, but it’s also to engage with peers and exchange expertise, educate themselves, do market research, learn about innovations and scout competition.
Since there’s going to be big interest in the trade fair, you need the help of specialists for finding a hotel room that will suit your needs. We are confident in saying that Trade Fair Trips Ltd is your reliable partner for your business trip. We work closely with exhibitors to deliver the best hotel rates during SMM and position you in hotels close to Messe Hamburg.
The booking process is more than easy. All you have to do is give us a budget and a number of beds. We will handle the rest and within a day you’ll have your online hotel booking for SMM. It doesn’t get any simpler than this.
Not to mention that Trade Fair Trips Ltd can also assist with logistics. You can reserve meeting rooms in advance as well as place appointments with us to install your trade fair booths. Select the services you need and create a custom travel package.
Full list ofBook Now
How to get to SMM
from Hamburg Hbf is 32 min walk
from Hamburg Hbf is only 7 min car ride (2.4 km)
from Hamburg Airport is 23 min ride (8.8 km)
By public transport:
from Hamburg Hbf you can take either S11, S21 or S31 to the fairgorund
from Hamburg Airport take S1 to the Hbf and from there either S11, S21 or S31 to the Messe