Most booked hotels
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 6.6km
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 6.6km
A&O Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 7.2km
25hours Hotel Das Tour
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 5.2km
Maritim Hotel Dusseldorf
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 3.5km
Hotel Nikko Dusseldorf
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 6.5km
NH Dusseldorf City Nord
distance to Messe Düsseldorf : 4.7km
Your free enquiry
Architecture, Building, Construction, Urban Equipment
Messe Dusseldorf GmbH
Event website :
The restrictions surrounding COVID-19 have caused the cancellation of glasstec 2021. Organisers have announced a hybrid edition scheduled for September 20th – September 23rd, 2022. Visitors can experience special shows and conferences from the comfort of their own homes. If you’re in attendance at Messe Dusseldorf, you can expect first-rate health and safety protocols.
Glasstec services the needs for the global glass industry in two ways. The international trade fair is first and foremost a meeting point between supply and demand, which makes it a highly effective procurement platform and a good source of sales leads for exhibitors.
The second is the knowledge that professionals can glimpse not just through the presentation of launches, but through the rich supporting program built on high-profile symposia and product demonstrations ever since Glasstec was founded in 1970.
The full product portfolio follows the entire processing chain and extends to glass products and application, glass production tech, processing and finishing, testing, tools and maintenance parts, control technology and software.
Dusseldorf, Germany houses Glasstec once every two years and editions fall on even years around October. The official organiser is Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, which also performs the function of hosting venue.
Doors are open to trade visitors for a total of four days starting from 09:00 am in the morning until 18:00 pm in the afternoon, but be sure to check the opening hours again once the final program is confirmed.
Commuting is done easily as Messe Düsseldorf has connections to both the highway and public transport. There are several bus and tram lines that bring you to the exhibition grounds.
What Are People Saying?
- “Many high-level specialist discussions that look likely to lead to orders were held with visitors to the fair. Machine manufacturers were clearly focused on the issues of digitisation and networked production. Digitisation has reached the glass industry,” - Wolfram N. Diener, operative Managing Director at Messe Düsseldorf;
- “Glass is a trend and this year’s glasstec has made this perfectly clear again! The industry keeps moving and the current upswing evidences that the millennia-old history of the material that is glass continues with amazing innovations,” Dr. Johann Overath, Director General of Bundesverband Glasindustrie e.V.;
- “In the glass industry start ups find it especially difficult to make contact with companies although these could clearly benefit from innovative technologies. The START UP-ZONE has allowed us to obtain valuable feedback and take concrete steps for installations. This is exactly what the industry needs,” - Daniel Valenzuela, Business Development Manager at Actyx AG.
Audience & Statistics
The last edition of Glasstec was highly successful and this shows in the numbers. There were over 1200 international exhibitors, who showcased to an audience that exceeded 42,000 trade visitors. That is a good ratio to have, if you want to grow your brand recognition and convert sales.
If we’re to break down visitors by their nationality we see a strong presence from European countries like Italy, France, the UK, Netherlands, Poland, Belgium, Spain and Austria. Outside Europe there’s a strong presence from the USA and Russia.
This opens your company to diverse revenue streams since most of the trade visitors are in a managerial position up to CEO and either have full decision making power over purchases or function in an advisory capacity. You have a lot of professionals at different skill levels as well thanks to the sponsorship of associations like the Bundesverband Glasindustrie e.V.
In order to make the right impression at Glasstec and spend wisely on your accommodation, you need professionals to handle your hotel stay. Trade Fair Trips ltd offers a comprehensive approach to planning your work trip.
In addition to accommodation for trade fairs, we specialize in support services as well. These range from placing reservations for meeting facilities to running your trade fair booth installation. One consultation is all you need to have your trip planned.
We offer you affordable hotel prices for Glasstec that are selected with your budget in mind. We understand how valuable your time is, which is why we also make sure you’re near public transport hubs for an easy commute.
Full list ofBook Now
How to get to Glasstec
from Dusseldorf Hbf is 1h 30 min walk or 30 min with a bicycle
1h 5 min with a walk or 25 min with a bike
from Dusseldorf Hauptbahnhof the ride will take you 30 min (~9 km)
from the airport there are only 15 to 20 min (~9km)
By public transport:
From the Dusseldorf Central Station U-Bahn Nr U78 will get you there for 26 min
From Dusseldorf International Airport to Messeplatz you need to change transport with either of this 3 options:
- From Airpot Terminals A/B/C: 6 stops with Bus 760 to Freiligrathplatz and then U78 to MERKUR SPIEL-ARENA/Messe Nord and within 7 min walking distance you will reach the Messe*
- SB51 from Flughafen Terminal A/B/C to Theodor-Heuss-Brücke and then with U78 to MERKUR SPIEL-ARENA/Messe Nord and within walking distance you will reach the Messe*
- from Terminals A/B/C take bus 721 for 6 stops to 'Am Hain', transfer to bus 722 for another 4 stops to Messe Congress Center and within walking distance you will reach the Messe*
* every choice will take you from 30 to 40 min