Most booked hotels
ibis Frankfurt Centrum
distance to Messe Frankfurt : 1.6km
B&B Hotel Frankfurt Niederrad
distance to Messe Frankfurt : 5.4km
Ibis Hotel Frankfurt City Messe
distance to Messe Frankfurt : 1.5km
BOLD Hotel Frankfurt an der Messe
distance to Messe Frankfurt : 0.8km
Radisson Blu Hotel Frankfurt
distance to Messe Frankfurt : 1.2km
IntercityHotel Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof Sud
distance to Messe Frankfurt : 1.3km
Your free enquiry
Light + Building
Frankfurt am Main ,Germany
Architecture, Building, Construction, Urban Equipment
Messe Frankfurt GmbH
Event website :
Light + Building
Light + Building Covid-19 Update
Light + Building has made the difficult decision of postponing their 2022 live edition. Such a decision had to be made in light of the latest complication caused by the ongoing pandemic. This included the current travel restrictions. The live event will take place from 2.10.2022 to 6.10.2022 at the Messe Frankfurt in Frankfurt, Germany.
Extensive, up-to-date COVID-19 health and safety measures will be in place. This will include the following details:
- Participants must present 3G entry documents before entry. Such will include documents such as negative test results that are less than 48 hours old. Alternatively, they can present proof of recovery or immunisation passports.
- Wearing masks in indoor spaces such as the exhibition halls is obligatory.
- Participants must maintain a safe distance of 1.5 metres at all times.
- Regular hand hygiene is mandatory for all attendees. They can use, for the task, the disinfection stations located in the restrooms and near the entrances.
Due to the current travel restrictions, participants must show 3G entry documents upon arrival in Germany.
Light + Building is the premier exhibition in the field of lighting technology and its incorporation into today’s construction and building. During the days of this event, you see the entire value chain come alive in a smart show floor that highlights trends that are just emerging and influence the world market as a whole.
The international trade fair was founded in 2000 and currently serves as the main meeting point for several sectors – lighting, electrical engineering, building automation, and civil-engineering software. Light + Building is often where the most important industry news is announced and products launched.
The product portfolio extends to electronic components, façade technology, daylight technology, ventilation systems, glazing, lamps, LED lighting, air-conditioning, broadband distribution technology, photovoltaic systems and reception antennae.
Light + Building runs for a total of six days once every two years. Editions fall on even years and are generally held in March in Frankfurt, Germany. The international fair is both organised by and hosted at Messe Frankfurt. Only trade visitors are admitted to the exhibition grounds and working hours are from 09:00 am in the morning until 18:00 pm in the afternoon. The only exception is the last day, which wraps up an hour earlier at 17:00 pm.
Getting to Messe Frankfurt is exceptionally easy. Drivers can relax knowing there are adequate numbers of parking spaces. Choosing to go by public transport? There are several choices. Grab metro line 4 for a quick trip. Other options include tram lines 16 & 17 and the suburban train lines S3, S4 & S6.
What You Can Expect as an Exhibitor
- Light + Building is first and foremost a significant procurement platform, where supply and demand can meet freely. As an exhibitor, you gain opportunities to approach prospect buyers, identify new market opportunities and generate sales leads at a high level;
- Light + Building is a pioneer in terms of introducing lighting as an integrated features of building services system and this is where concepts like ‘smart metering’ and ‘smart grids’ are introduced to relevant buyers and popularized;
- Each edition of Light + Building centres on a certain number of core themes that will take the foreground – in 2020 these will include progressive energy management, connected security, smart urban and advanced e-charging infrastructure.
Audience & Statistics
Light + Building happens with the support of ZVEI, Central Association of the German Electrical & Electronic Engineering Industry, and ZVEH, Central Association of German Electricians. This, in turn, has ensured a more than satisfactory turnout every single edition. Last edition saw more than 2700 international exhibitors, who targeted over 220,000 trade visitors from 160 countries.
In terms of markets, you are able to successfully court countries Russia, India, Finland, China, Italy, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden, Belgium, Korea and Austria.
Breaking down visitors by professional background shows a high concentration of investors, architects, engineers, retail suppliers, planners, operators and wholesalers. Another statistic that will entice you to become an exhibitor at Light + Building is that 41% of visitors have identified themselves as first-time visitors – that’s a lot of fresh opportunities to break into new markets.
Because of the fact that almost half of the visitors come from abroad, you should take care of your hotel arrangements in advance. With the help of Trade Fair Trips, it is guaranteed that every step of the reservation process will be handled professionally and in time. We’re experts when it comes to accommodation for trips and also handle other aspects of your business trip.
Do you need to get meeting rooms in advance? Can’t hire a team to install your trade fair booth? We handle everything you need. We help you book hotels for Light + Building that shorten your daily commute and keep costs to a minimum. Consult with us as early as possible and you can book hotels close to Messe Frankfurt at exceptional rates.
Full list ofBook Now
How to get to Light + Building
From Hauptbahnhof - 20 min
From Fnakfurt Aiport - 35 min with a bike
From Frankfurt Main Station - 10 min
From Frankfurt Airport - 20 min
By public transport:
From HBF S-Bahns with numbers 3, 4, 5 or 6 will all get you to Messe Frankfurt for 11 min
From Frankfurt Airport with ICE, S8 or S9 for 35 min to HBF and then S3, S4, S5 or S6 for 11 min